- If you're considering adding blogging to your classroom activities, make sure you visit TweenTeacher's thoroughly compiled list of tips for getting started.
- Funbrain's Tic Tac Toe Squares online game is a great way for students to practice their mental math. The game also makes differentiation simple because students can choose to practice everything from easy addition and subtraction facts to cubes and square roots.
- Education Week has an article with several suggestions on how to use GPS in the classroom. The device can be used to enhance several science activities, such as collecting data about the water quality of nearby streams.
- Mighty Book has a lot of nice stories for young students, including animated storybooks and animated stories written by children. Students can read along and follow the words to each story and poem, making it perfect for a listening station.
- Motivate a spirit of change in your school by entering the National Geographic Find Your Footprint Contest. The contest calls for classrooms to research their school's environmental footprint and design a plan to improve its impact on the planet. Prizes include interactive whiteboards, a classroom subscription to National Geographic Kids magazine, and a lot more. The deadline is December 3, 2010!