- Cinderella's story provides a great opportunity to introduce and review story elements, and Interactives has created a website to do just that. Their Elements of a Story site narrates the fairy tale with animation, helps students identify the parts of the story, and offers an online quiz for further review.
- UDip's Package Design Sweepstakes offers several exciting prizes from Apple for students who creatively use their art skills in making a product package. Download and print off the design template and have it postmarked by December 1, 2010. Students could see their designs on store shelves!
- Subway is using Facebook to have high school students nominate and vote for their community's heroes. The High School Heroes page encourages students to upload photos and videos of their friends and mentors. Invite students to check out the page and think about who their heroes may be. It's a great way to recognize a student or staff member who is uniquely influential. This promotion ends December 15, 2010.
- Speaking of heroes, peruse 5 Veteran's Day lesson ideas from Education World that could help your class celebrate this important holiday. The lessons are listed for Memorial Day, but they are also appropriate for November 11.
- If your classroom library needs a boost, Scholastic is having a 40% off sale for many of their titles. Dozens of books are now well under $5.00 each.
Check back in with us this week for several Thanksgiving activities and more ways to celebrate Native American Heritage month. Fall break is just around the corner!